Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Do grades reflect true ability of an individual?


I feel that grades do not actually reveal the true ability of any individual. Grades are one of the ways of testing the knowledge but not a complete and correct way of deciding the capability of the students.

Though I highly respect those who score high and work towards good scores; I wonder if scores / grades truly reflect one’s full potential in profession or life! I’m not saying it’s a ‘must have’ and I’m not saying it’s a ‘nice to have’; my point is that it’s just one of those minimum requirements and should be treated as just like that!

Our exams are like the ODI games in cricket. We know that all the players have the ability and the potential, but not all the players perform well in a given day. Does this mean that the players who do not perform do not have the ability? So I want you all to share your thoughts on this...

1 comment:

Tom Yum said...

I am agree with you on this...
Grade doesnt reflect one's ability. I can give my example...lol

One should not appreciate own work but I would say yes being a Graduate with second class and at the age of 24 I am leading 10 people. I might be not well versed with all the qualities but I have vision to accomplish the assigned work in timely manner with 100% accuracy.

At conclusion, I would say believe in yourself even though you are not having professional qualification or grades. Everything will be yours if you wish for..

Love